Mr. Douglas Halsall, OD has spent the last 40 years leading the development of Information Technology in Jamaica, and has consequently been associated with many firsts. The St. Ann born entrepreneur has demonstrated extraordinary vision and consequently embarked on several pioneering initiatives. Among his greatest achievements were the Introduction of computer services to banking, credit union, retail, hospitality and tourism and health insurance industries and the National Housing Trust as well as the design and implementation of the Government’s current Budgetary and Accounting system.
- Founded Advanced Integrated Systems in 1987
- Implemented the first ATM in Jamaica
- Introduced modern computing to the University of the West Indies
- Introduced the first super computer at Mona Informatics
- Introduced GCE Computer Science to Jamaica
- Assisted with the conceptualization and development of the National Health Fund
- Introduced the first and only online, real time health insurance adjudication system in the Caribbean
- Developed and copyrighted the first and only regional registration system for pharmaceuticals – National Drug Codes
- Managed and implemented the digitization of the University Hospital of the West Indies
- Developed health information management systems across several disciplines including hospital, pharmacy, radiology, lab and medical office management.
- Developed an Electronic Medical Records system for Jamaica
- Introduced the most versatile mobile money system to Jamaica (Quisk)
Mr. Halsall currently serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Advanced Integrated Systems. Throughout his executive career, Mr. Halsall has amassed a wealth of experience leading cutting-edge technology companies across multiple industries. Before starting AIS, Mr. Halsall served as Chairman and CEO of NCR Jamaica for 10 years where he was responsible for moving NCR Jamaica to the position of leading country across Latin America and the Caribbean in performance and sales. For his performance at NCR he was awarded the NCR Chairman's award on thirteen consecutive occasions, and the Century Percent club award.
Mr. Halsall enjoys a solid reputation for his visionary leadership in technology and his unique style of management which has seen AIS being well positioned in a number of strategic areas including both the Financial and Health sectors. In 2005, the Government of Jamaica, supported by the Opposition, recognized his contribution to Technology by conferring on him the prestigious Order of Distinction, one of Jamaica's highest National honors.
Mr. Halsall currently serves as:
- Member of the National Information and Communication Technology Advisory Board
- Member of the Jamaica Computer Society
- Member of the Jamaica Information Technology and Services Alliance (JITSA)
Mr. Halsall believes that "Success is an Attitude" and has been a keynote motivational speaker at a number of events where he readily shares this perspective. He enjoys fishing.